Wicked Comics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Main Comic Publishing Houses - There is a big competition between them!

3 posters

Go down

The Main Comic Publishing Houses - There is a big competition between them!  Empty The Main Comic Publishing Houses - There is a big competition between them!

Post by Christopher Muscat Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Marvel has been in the lead for the last few years!

The New 52 has boosted the sales at DC comics (at least for the last few months)!

Image is publishing some great creator owned comics!

Dynamite, Dark Horse, IDW and other companies have their own share of interesting comics!

What is your opinion?.....I believe that competition is healthy for the industry and a good thing for us readers that want to be entertained.

I have always been a Marvel fan but these last few years I have been reaching out for other comics ex. The new Batman and American Vampire at DC, Chew, The Walking Dead and Morning Glories at Image, and Craig Thompson books.
Christopher Muscat
Christopher Muscat

Back to top Go down

The Main Comic Publishing Houses - There is a big competition between them!  Empty Re: The Main Comic Publishing Houses - There is a big competition between them!

Post by chrislegalle Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:21 am

I agree that competition is healthy. If I have to select a favourite publishing house I'll go for Image because I tend to prefer creator based projects. That said, yeah Marvel, DC, IDW, Dynamite, Dark Horse etc all have good books. Boom is another company which is making some hot comics. When it comes to small press, Time Bomb Comics is one to watch out for. So far I've only read the Dick Turpin books, but I have yet to come across a negative review of one of their titles.

http://www.timebombcomics.com
chrislegalle
chrislegalle

Back to top Go down

The Main Comic Publishing Houses - There is a big competition between them!  Empty Re: The Main Comic Publishing Houses - There is a big competition between them!

Post by SamKaiba Tue May 08, 2012 6:13 am

From my limited knownledge I really like Veritgo titles (even thought its a branch off from DC). They are Dark and mysterious and 3 of the series I've read thus far happened to be Vertigo -

The Sandman
V for Vendetta
Fables
SamKaiba
SamKaiba

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Muscat Fri May 11, 2012 5:56 am

I have grown up reading mostly Marvel and DC superhero comics so I still have a soft spot for this genre.

Vertigo is one of the coolest concepts that came out of DC. So many great revamped characters, ideas, story lines and creators. Marvel had something similar during the 80s with their EPIC comics. Nowadays Marvel has something similar with their ICON and MAX imprint but I find that DC's Vertigo is more consistent.

Samantha if you like some titles similar to what you read you should also checkout some titles from IMAGE and DARK HORSE. I am sure you will find something you will like. I could help by some recommendations. Wink
Christopher Muscat
Christopher Muscat

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislegalle Fri May 11, 2012 7:44 am

Am sure you can Chris.
chrislegalle
chrislegalle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down