Wicked Comics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommend any television series?

3 posters

Go down

Recommend any television series? Empty Recommend any television series?

Post by Dhalia Tue May 08, 2012 8:38 am

I am getting close to running out of tv shows to watch and wondering if anyone has any they have watched lately in which they can recommend to me?

Dhalia

http://www.schoolofbitches.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Recommend any television series? Empty Re: Recommend any television series?

Post by Christopher Muscat Wed May 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Yeah sure!

I do not know your taste in type of genre and if you have seen these TV shows but I recommend -
Dexter (serial killer/cop), Breaking Bad (drug dealing drama), Once Upon a Time (fairy tale characters in a modern world but with a twist), Fringe (alternate universe and experiments), The Walking Dead (zombie comic book adaptation to TV), Game of Thrones (fantasy adaptation of the popular book) and The Big Bang Theory (comedy with comic fans). I also enjoyed watching the Kevin Smith's series - The Comic Book Men.
Christopher Muscat
Christopher Muscat

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislegalle Thu May 10, 2012 10:10 pm

The one's Chris Muscat mentioned are all wicked. I've just finished season 6 of Dexter and it's still going strong. The Walking Dead I've only watched season 1 and much preferred the comic, although the costumes are immense.

Further suggestions include:

Bored to Death - Off beat and quirky humour. Not everyone’s cuppa but I have a feeling you'll like it David. Season 1 takes some getting used to and season 2 is awesome. Starring Jason Schwartzman, Zach Galifianakis, Ted Danson

Leverage - Created by comic writer John Rogers. The concept is similar to Hustle. It focuses on a crew (mastermind, con artist, thug, thief, and hacker) who avenge common people who have been wronged by big companies etc. All seasons are great.

Greek - It's about fraternities in a college. Good comedy fun. Sort of American Pie but less gross.

The Mentalist - I love this one. Basically centres around Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) who has the ability to read people from their behaviour actions. He is very unorthodox and acts as a consultant to the police unit and helps them solves crime - Similar to Lie To Me but better IMO.

More shortly.
chrislegalle
chrislegalle

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Muscat Fri May 11, 2012 5:06 am

Forgot to mention the BBC Sherlock Holmes series - SHERLOCK. Great Series with talented actors.

USA TV is going to revamp Sherlock Holmes too in a new series for next year but set in New York. Hope they don't F@*$ the character.

I have seen various series during the last few months ex. SPARTACUS, ALCATRAZ, TWO AND A HALF MEN, THE BORGIAS, CAMELOT, GRIMM, TERRA NOVA, ... but in my previous posting I mentioned those that I enjoyed most.
Christopher Muscat
Christopher Muscat

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislegalle Fri May 11, 2012 6:08 am

Some more great ones. Black Books, The Office (UK), Extras, Spaced, Torchwood (spin off of Dr. Who), House, Trailer Park Boys (takes some getting used to), Shark, Lie to me, Undeclared, Greek, Breakout Kings, My Family, Book Group, Entourage (wanes off in later seasons) and The Wire.
chrislegalle
chrislegalle

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Muscat Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 am

@chrislegalle - you are such a show off tongue
Christopher Muscat
Christopher Muscat

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislegalle Fri May 11, 2012 7:48 am

Not really I'm pretty sure I missed a bunch. It's just my opinion that TV series are much better than movies these days. In fact I watch TV series during the week and only catch one or two movies max 3-4 during the weekend. I used to watch a movie a day but got fed up, watching a lot of crap films.

chrislegalle
chrislegalle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum