Wicked Comics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Dhalia

3 posters

Go down

David Dhalia Empty David Dhalia

Post by Dhalia Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 pm

My interest in story writing started a few years back when i began reading Stephen King novels and got into the world of character building and creative thinking through these novels, i was also highly influenced by such television shows as lost and Prison break.

I am also very interested in history and using historical references in my story telling and through this interest my first taste of published work and working with professional production companies came in 2010 when i began creating a documentary across Europe with Broadstroke Productions in Wales. It eventually failed but helped me produce a number of written articles for newspapers from Great Britain, Malta, Israel and New Zealand.

After that particular quest took a hiatus i continued working on short stories and small articles for a newspaper in New Zealand, and during this time i was living with my friend Alan Stealth in Cardiff. During which time we discussed making our own comic series called 'The Genesis Project' which he had thought of many years ago. Over time things started to take shape and i had entered the world of comic book writing as apposed to just reading them.

My style of writing can sometimes be very satirical, and my strengths lie in twisting stories between the realities and dreams of the characters i create. My favorite comic characters are the Punisher, Venom and Arkham Asylum series with a number of other adaptations such as Jericho and The stand.

'The Genesis project' is currently the project we are working on with the hope of releasing it a day before the end of the world on 20th December.

Dhalia.
http://www.schoolofbitches.co.uk/

Last edited by Dhalia on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar errors.)

Dhalia

http://www.schoolofbitches.co.uk

Back to top Go down

David Dhalia Empty Re: David Dhalia

Post by chrislegalle Sat May 05, 2012 12:53 am

Welcome aboard David. Looking forward The Genesis Project.
chrislegalle
chrislegalle

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPTAIN FUTURE Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Nice to meet another David, so is the Genesis project a conspiracy type of story?

CAPTAIN FUTURE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dhalia Wed May 30, 2012 7:18 am

It's a 50 comic series based in an apocalyptic world and is told in a style similar to the TV show 'Lost' (It will have an issue number, and a release order number as well as they won't be released in order of the story) Chapter 16 is the first issue.

Unlike post apocalyptic stories which are about Zombies and aliens, this one is a satirical look upon societies current decline and the numerous issues which will act as the final nail in the coffin and what will happen after 'the incident'.

If i had to compare it to something that's released so far it would be Jericho or Jeremiah, yet Genesis is told in a new way, and although not religious in any way each chapter is set on the books of Genesis from the bible.

We're having our first release of the first three comics of Chapter 16 at the Malta Comic Con.

Dhalia

http://www.schoolofbitches.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislegalle Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Hey David, I believe you had to email me more details on Genesis.

Looking forward to this project.
chrislegalle
chrislegalle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down